Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Travel Plans

For such a relaxing place, Hoi An has plenty to keep me occupied--that and the fact that the rolling power outages (every other day, the power is down from 5am to 2pm--Vietnam relies on hydroelectricity. Because of el nino, it didn't rain as much--ergo, rolling power outages)--so, when I was ready to blog about Hoi An/China Beach/Hue-Hoi An ride, the power was down.

I am enjoying myself thoroughly--met a british girl whose parents own a cigar company--and one of their biggest clients is....Kinky Friedman, I shit you not. I was floored that she knew who the guy was--99% of the U.S. doesn't know who he is.

It is hot here, though--very hot.

Anyway, rather than sit on a train for 24 hours, I've decided to fly from Danang--a 20 minute ride away--to Saigon on the 17th on Jet Star flight 597, leaving at 5pm and getting in at 615pm.

I also booked the very last leg of my se asia tour, flying from Saigon on the 20th at about 3 in the afternoon, and arriving in Singapore at about 630pm on Jetstar 554.

Will post photos later when I get a spare moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment