Saturday, June 12, 2010

Hue Delay

Sorry for the delay in posting--I assure you I am alive and well--the problem is that my hostel only has two computers and I'd rather not be a computer hog. Unfortunately, this post will be brief because the internet cafe I am at, for whatever reason, has a funky keyboard that is attuned to a non-english language. which means that i can't type as fast as I want, and it is a pain in the rear end to finish words. For example: hơ ảe you today?--me trying to say hơ ảe you on thí computê.

brìe summảy ò hue
ví sit citadel, old city, fỏbiđen city
old nguyen tombs
beautìul rivẻ setting
did the dmz tỏu ýêteday (bit ò a díappointment, but i ưill ẽplain latẻ)
mónôn séaon hẻe
grên rice fields
frê bêr at hótel
vẻy social atmóphẻ
vietnam ảiliné skyteam joy
taking lót ò pictúe
scammed by "teachẻ"
hottét place othẻ than cambodia

I just typed all that without making any changes to the words.
In case you are interested what I have been reading, though, hêre are the books that I've read ỏ am reading on the trip:
Lord Jim, by Joseph Conrad
The Ravens by ChristophẻR Robbins (u.s. pilots in the lao secret war)
The Gate by Francois Bizot (westerner's memoir of his time in a khmer rouge prison camp)
In Retrospect by Robert McNamâra (a must read, even if your copy was bought on the streets of bangkok and has more typos than this email)
I didn't read a book for one month, because I was toting around the decline and fall of the roman empire with me, which bored me to tears and I tried to avoid reading it all costs. ẠJ called me out on it in Laos, and i've been reading ưhenẻvẻ i get the chance nơ.

Going to Hoi An tmw.

No comments:

Post a Comment