Sunday, June 13, 2010

Abusing the Plastic

I will spend more money today since buying my airplane ticket way back in March.

Its 11am, and I haven't seen anything. Why? Because I went shopping.

Hoi An is the tailoring/suit capital of Vietnam--and you can good quality, made to measure items for nothing compared to the U.S.--and this is at the good places with positive customer feedback--I double checked, don't worry. Wool suits cost around $120--shirts about $15.

I've ordered a grand total of three suits, three shirts, and one jacket. A black pinstripe, and plain beige suit, with three shirts. I also have a three-piece suit and a jacket being made that I will just describe as "wildcards"--and will either make you laugh or cringe if you see me wearing them. I couldn't resist though.

I knew before coming to Vietnam that I would run out of my malaria medication while I'm here--it's a non-issue, though, since all the places that I'm visiting are very low risk, according to the CDC--but it means that I will not be extending my trip any further, because Malarone is one of the few drugs that cannot be obtained in Bangkok or Singapore.

Saigon will be my last stop on my whistlestop/flash bang tour of SE Asia(well, Singapore technically--but I would only be flying there the day before my flight leaves).

People are right--you definitely need more than two weeks to see Vietnam, and I will definitely be coming back to see the places I missed--sites like Dien Bien Phu, Ha Long Bay, Dalat, Pleiku, Hamburger Hill, and the Mekong Delta (which I might do on a day trip from Saigon).

No comments:

Post a Comment