Tuesday, May 31, 2011

The rains are coming....

It's technically the rainy season here in Bangkok, even though the rains haven't yet arrived. They are certainly well on their way, though, as last night the sky was illuminated with flashes of silent lightning (as compared to the storm in Texas the other day, where the lightning was so intense, there was a seemingly perpetual rumble of thunder, and it felt like you were in a photographer's studio). Skies have been growing increasingly dark in the late afternoon as well, and the sidewalk vendors have been prepping to cover their stalls with plastic.
Off to the hospital this morning before work to get my formal work permit checkup--basically, to make sure I don't have any diseases or that I am of a "feeble and unsound mind." Maybe I shouldn't tell them I'm a law student...

No comments:

Post a Comment