Friday, April 30, 2010

Heading east

I will be getting up early once more to go to Surabaya tmw on a train that leaves Yogya at 715am, and getting in around noon. From there, I will take the bus to Probolingo, and then a mini bus to a small town named Cemorro Lawang which serves as the Mt. Bromo basecamp--which is just a one hour hike/walk to the place itself--and where the hike is much easier than Merapi.

Bromo is known for being the sight of one of the most spectacular views in all of Indonesia (look it up), and hopefully, this time, the weather will cooperate.

From there, later on May 2 I will head back to Surabaya and fly out on Lion Air flight 314 that arrives in Benjarmasin at 2035, the place where my friend taught, and I graciously accepted the invitation to come visit for two or three days.

After Benjarmasin, I will head back to Malaysia to hit up Penang.

I will post a Yogya/Solo summary at some point I promise, but I need to go back to my room and pack up and then try to get some rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment